Dr. Samuel Shor MD, FACP
Founder & Owner, Medical Director HBOT
Selected four times by his peers as a Washingtonian TOP DOCTOR, Dr. Shor has also been selected by Best Doctors.com and Washington Consumer’s Checkbook best Primary Care Physicians. As a General Internist Dr. Shor continues to provide holistic, empathetic care. Taking an academic approach, Dr. Shor is presently published in peer review journals in the field of chronic fatigue and Lyme disease, for which he has gained national recognition [1-3]. In addition, developing expertise in the management of chronic fatique, Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease. Dr. Shor has become a local referral resource for managing a number of conditions amenable to HBOT (HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy, such as traumatic brain injury. HBOTNOVA Has been open since 2011, providing this treatment for other conditions that often have limited therapeutic options such as the post stroke state and cerebral palsy.
- Shor S Pathogenesis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, A Multisystem Hypothesis Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Vol. 11(3) 2003: 51-68
- Shor, S Lyme Disease presenting as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, J CFS Vol. 13(4) 2006 pp. 73-82
- Shor, S Lyme Disease presenting as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Poster presentation9th Biennial IACFS [I nternational Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME ] meetings March 2009
- Shor, S Chronic Lyme Disease controversy 9/24/08 Washington DC Congressional Hearing presentation; Capitol Hill
- Interviewee DIANE REHM SHOW, NPR “The Lyme Controversy” April 20, 2009
- Shor, S Chronic Fatigue in Lyme Disease ILADS annual convention plenary session 10/24/09
- Shor, S A prospective, randomized crossover study: ” An analysis of internationally cased defined CFS patients who may have “seronegative” persistent Lyme infection” [funding pending]
- Shor, S Retrospective analysis of a cohort of Internationally Case Defined Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients in a Lyme endemic area Bulletin of the IACFS/ME.2011;18(4):109-123.
- Member of Virginia Governor McDonnell’s task force on Lyme disease 2010-2011, position paper published June 30, 2011
Dr. Eva Coleman
Dr. Eva Coleman, MD, specializes in the treatment of various chronic disorders including lyme disease, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue with a special interest in wellness and functional medicine. Dr. Coleman is also a recognized expert in hormone replacement therapy and was the founder of Harmony Medica prior to joining IMNV. She first became involved with Bioidentical Hormones during her time at Stanford University Medical Center in 1997 while participating in a cohort study conducted by the National Cancer Institute. She has been devoted to offering Anti-Aging Medicine and treating Hormone Imbalance in both women and men. Dr. Coleman is an active member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS), the American College of Physicians and the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Dr. Ogechi Anyaoku
Dr. Ogechi Anyaoku has joined IMNV with a special interest in Chronic Fatigue and Lyme Disease. She first obtained her Master’s Degree in Public Health and Emerging Infectious Diseases (MSPH), from George Washington University where she also completed medical school and then went on to complete her Residency at Georgetown University/Medstar Washington Hospital Center.
Throughout her medical training, Dr. Anyaoku had the opportunity to work with Dr. Samuel Shor, and the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). This association only fueled her desire to serve this unique patient population. She has said, “ As part of this practice, I value my patients as individuals and look forward to earning their trust through compassionate, responsive and individualized care. “
Tracy Kirschner PT, DPT, CDT
Integrative PT: Doctor of Physical Therapy
Tracy Kirschner specializes in physical therapy evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic fatigue, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, Lyme and associated diseases. She brings a unique perspective to understanding and treating the complicated patient. Tracy’s passion for health and nutrition infuse her comprehensive clinical approach for treating the individual as a whole. Tracy received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the Medical College of Virginia, her advanced Master of Science in Motor Control from Boston University, and her Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from Boston University. She is a pioneer in the development of physical therapy management for individuals with chronic Lyme disease.