Dr. Samuel Shor MD, FACP
Founder & Owner, Medical Director HBOT
Selected four times by his peers as a Washingtonian TOP DOCTOR, Dr. Shor has also been selected by Best Doctors.com and Washington Consumer's Checkbook best Primary Care Physicians. As a General Internist Dr. Shor continues to provide holistic, empathetic care. Taking an academic approach, Dr. Shor is presently published in peer review journals in the field of chronic fatigue and Lyme disease, for which he has gained national recognition [1-3]. In addition, developing expertise in the management of chronic fatique, Fibromyalgia and Lyme disease. Dr. Shor has become a local referral resource for managing a number of conditions amenable to HBOT (HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy, such as traumatic brain injury. HBOTNOVA Has been open since 2011, providing this treatment for other conditions that often have limited therapeutic options such as the post stroke state and cerebral palsy.
- Shor S Pathogenesis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, A Multisystem Hypothesis Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Vol. 11(3) 2003: 51-68
- Shor, S Lyme Disease presenting as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, J CFS Vol. 13(4) 2006 pp. 73-82
- Shor, S Lyme Disease presenting as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Poster presentation9th Biennial IACFS [I nternational Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME ] meetings March 2009
- Shor, S Chronic Lyme Disease controversy 9/24/08 Washington DC Congressional Hearing presentation; Capitol Hill
- Interviewee DIANE REHM SHOW, NPR "The Lyme Controversy" April 20, 2009
- Shor, S Chronic Fatigue in Lyme Disease ILADS annual convention plenary session 10/24/09
- Shor, S A prospective, randomized crossover study: " An analysis of internationally cased defined CFS patients who may have "seronegative" persistent Lyme infection" [funding pending]
- Shor, S Retrospective analysis of a cohort of Internationally Case Defined Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients in a Lyme endemic area Bulletin of the IACFS/ME.2011;18(4):109-123.
- Member of Virginia Governor McDonnell's task force on Lyme disease 2010-2011, position paper published June 30, 2011